Xmas 2018 Event and more

for feedback on existing features within the game.
HeavensAllow

Xmas 2018 Event and more

Post by HeavensAllow » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Good afternoon,

Being almost 1 week in the Xmas event, it has been a pleasant surprise and evolution since the Halloween event and props towards that! A dedicated island, with dedicated actions for pretty much every action where skill lvl doesn't seem to be taken in account (at least based on what i can see) and with a lot to do. So far, the good things I would like to point out are:
- Fact that actions for almost all skills are available, giving plenty of things to do, just as on the "main lands";
- Skill level not being taken in account, meaning that players who have just started the game are "almost" on the same wave regarding times taken to perform each action;
- Dedicated island, something that brings a different feel entirely to the event.
- Being able to smith and create event limited items.

This is quite a big improvement compared to the Halloween event, where different skill events were being released as they were coded, something I assume was out of your control but provided a different feel on the event.
Based on this improvements, I would like to make a few suggestions regarding this kind of events as well, and how they could play out in the future:
- Universal "Holiday Spirit" skill instead of "Christmas" or "Halloween" skill - This would allow the possibility for the skill to be a "semi-permanent" addition because you wouldn't have to create a new one each event and could allow evolutions towards the actions performed, another of the suggestions.
- Extra tiers of actions - This extra tiers, for example lvl 25, 50, 75 and so on would be gated by the "Holiday" skill instead of the regular skill itself and, instead of giving extra xp, could instead give extra materials, with the ultimate purpose of creating either higher tiered rewards like tools, or higher tiered food and such. Taking, for example, the current tools that can be crafted with fromium. At the moment, the Fromium hatchet is at the same timer reduction as a bronze hatchet, being categorized as a Tier 1 Hatchet. When a player reached lvl 25 on the Holiday skill he could create a next tier tool that would be placed as a tool in between iron and steel reductions and have extra durability, taking instead of 10 bars to create a total of 20 bars to create, and so on with their tiers. Allowing extra actions could give sense to achieving higher levels on holiday related skill/s and provide benefits to both new and old players, this last ones that only benefit from increased number of bonuses if they decide to pursue xp.
- Community based event - Creating a massive goal where the community works in order to achieve and unluck something, be it bonuses or extra drops, is something quite appealing and creates a need to combine efforts with the entire player base. At the moment, players collect what they need for themselfs and for the guild and have nothing to work towards on this events other than get the random elusive drops and, by giving them a huge community goal with the promise of a proportionate reward is quite appealing for a person to activelly play a part on the event.

Either way, thank you for the Christmas event, it has been very well made and a huge improvement, in my honest opinion, compared to the Halloween one.

In hopes of greater success in the future,
HeavensAllow

Xmas 2018 Event and more

Sponsor

Sponsor